Parents: Please forward to any and all social networks:
We are currently seeking a teacher for our 4th grade Dual Immersion Position. If you came to this post because you want to work for Camarena Elementary, jump on this posting right here:
If you’re still not sure about whether this is the job for you, here are 10 reasons why you should seriously consider working at Camarena Elementary.
1. The kids at Camarena are brilliant.
— Lisasmendoza (@lisasmendoza) June 6, 2015
2. The Camarena parents are dedicated to education and community.
— Maestra Barrett (@MaestraBarrett) May 29, 2015
3. Our classrooms have the largest whiteboards in the 48 continuous states and students can write on their desks!!!
— Angelica Sandoval (@maestrasandoval) May 7, 2015
4. We have over 500 mobile devices so our students are on the cutting edge of digital media.
— Ms. Stentiford (@MsStentiford) May 21, 2015
5. The Camarena teachers are dynamic learners, risk takers, and innovative teachers who work together to create amazing learning opportunities for kids every day.
— Dan Winters (@dfwinters) January 16, 2015
6. On top of that, our Dual Immersion team is talented, collaborative and very active on social media.
— Ana Muro (@MuroRomero1) March 4, 2015
7. Our students think deep thoughts.
— Amy Marcial (@MrsMarcial409) May 7, 2015
8. Camarena events are the talk of the town.
— Rosemary Paranada (@rosemaryparana1) May 30, 2015
9.We’ve got an amazing school
— Ianne Blakely (@IanneBlakely) June 3, 2015
10. Did I mention our students are brilliant?
— Courtney Lesiak (@courtneylesiak) May 27, 2015
So, if you spent the time to read all 10 reasons, clearly you now understand that Camarena Elementary is the place to be. I’ll save you a little time and you can get to that posting right here.
Greetings Camarena Families
We will be interviewing for some teacher positions starting this week. If you would be willing and interested in joining on a panel, please add your name to this document.
This week’s schedule
Tuesday June 23 – VAPA teachers (8:30 – 1:00)
Friday, June 26 – RSP (8:30 – 10:00)
Thanks in advance.
Greetings and Happy Summer!
Last Week the CVESD approved our LCAP plan for the coming school year and that plan includes a litany of benefits to our Camarena community. Here are the new materials and resources that your children will enjoy during the next school year:
Curriculum and Instruction
1. Library Materials. Every school will get $5K for books and DI schools will get an additional $5K for Spanish books.
2. Library Technology Technician (LTT) The district will fund more time for our LTT so that we have our librarian full-time, five days a week.
2. ELA Gap Materials – We will get money in English ($15K) and Spanish ($3K) to support Language Arts while we await adoption of new ELA materials in 17-18.
3. Go Math Textbook Purchase. This will be used to supplement our Eureka Math instructional materials.
4. Achieve 3000 – This will be purchased for every student in Grades 3-6. It is a tool to increase students’ access to non-fiction text.
5. SIPPS Training and materials for all teaches in Grades K-2. This is a reading intervention to support students not yet reading at grade level.
6. Resource Teacher – The Resource Teacher position will continue to be funded to provide support and coaching for instructional improvement.
7. GATE certification for teachers – The district is offering GATE certification for all teachers. Teachers who are currently in Grades 4-6 will have the priority since they provide direct services to GATE students.
8. Extended Day Tutoring will continue for students who are below grade level in reading.
9. Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) Teachers for collaboration. We will hire 6 full-time VAPA positions that we will share with Hedenkamp Elementary , which means every student will get 1/2 day of arts instruction every other week for the entire school year. Here are the positions we posted:
Digital Media Arts (2)
We will use site budget or PTA money to purchase class sets of recorders, xylophones, and boomwhackers. What are boomwhackers you ask?
10. Lenovo Tablets – We are getting 150 Lenovo Yoga machines each of the next 4 years.
Social and Emotional Wellness
1. Social Worker on campus 2 hours/week (She also will have an intern for 8 hours/week). These folks will work with target students needing counseling services that can be provided both in class and via pull out.
2. Attendance Health – We received this 3 hour clerical support last year and it will continue to help us support the attendance and health needs of our 1050 students.
So enjoy those lovely days of summer in San Diego and rest assured that the CVESD is busily getting ready for a spectacular 2015-16 school year.
We arrive Friday to our final day of the 2014-15 school year. It has been an eventful journey for our 1050 students and dedicated staff. Thank you Camarena community for choosing to make our school your home. Below is the video we produced to present to the Chula Vista Elementary School Board last week to tell the story of our school thus far. Enjoy your summer break. We’ll see you all in July for the 2015-16 school year.
We are still accepting residency clearance for 2015-16 and we have over 300 students who still need to provide residency documentation for the coming school year. If not cleared by this Friday, you will not have a guaranteed spot at Camarena for 2015-16.
We will be open again late Tuesday night until 7:00 PM for your convenience.
If you have found out recently that you are definitely moving or have recently moved and won’t be attending Camarena next year, please notify us thorugh the following form: