Camarena Elementary is in immediate need of Noon Duty Supervisors! If you love kids and would like to help supervise and keep students safe during on the playground and at lunch, please apply to become a Noon Duty Supervisor. We love to have our parents as noon duties! And it’s great to work where your kids go to school!
- Step 1: Take a simple Noon Supervisor Test. The next test is Sept. 29! Click the link below for information. Testing Information
- Step 2: You will receive test results in the mail, with instructions for next steps.
- Step 3: Complete this Application for Classified Employment. Classified Employment Application
These are the requirements.
Here are some additional links you can follow. We are happy to help guide you through the process once you let us know you are interested in applying.
Monday, September 7 – No School Labor Day
Tuesday, September 8 – 12:00 DAC/DELAC @ District Office
Thursday, September 10 – 1st Day of Parent Conferences (1:15 Release) 3:00 School Site Council
Friday, September 11 – Patriot Day Celebration
School Site Council Agena for Thursday, September 10
Patriot Day Celebration
September 11 is a great opportunity to remember the sacrifice of Americans both at home and abroad. To commemorate that day we have several activities planned for Friday.
1. Wear Red/White/Blue
2. Outdoor Assembly that will include a moment of silence.
3. Essay Contest: Who is your hero and why? A winner will be selected and their work will be included and recognized in our School Yearbook. (This needs to be turned in to your classroom teacher by Friday, September 11.
4. Hero Wall: Bring a picture of your hero for a wall display in the Multipurpose room. (You can start bringing pictures on Wednesday)
We are going to have a Safety Committee Meeting Tuesday, September 8th at 3:00pm. At this meeting, we will discuss the Comprehensive Safe School Plan. All parents are welcome.
The purpose of the team is:
1. Information: Camarena attendance and crime assessment for the 2014-2015 school year
2. Add concerns, questions, and comments to Camarena’s Safe School Plan
3. Discuss the Culture of Achievement
Camarena Elementary School
At Barnes and Noble Otay Ranch, tomorrow Aug 22. Storytime featuring The Day the Crayons Came Home, the follow up to our favorite book The Day the Crayons Quit.